Civil engineer - Chartered Engineering Consultants - License for Natural Persons

General information

Having passed the civil engineer's examination, successful candidates may be licensed to work as civil engineers on a self-employed basis. This licence is awarded by the Federal Minister for of Labour and Economy.

Requirements

• Successfully passed examination for civil engineers;
  • Legal capacity;
  • No bankruptcy;
  • Reliability.

Respite

No special deadlines need to be observed.

Responsibility

[Competent authority / Form...]

Procedure

The request may be submitted personally or in writing to the competent authority.

Documents

Expenses

• Request:
    • EUR 47.30;
    • attachment: EUR 3.90 per sheet.
  • Official decision:
    • EUR 83.60 federal fee;
    • EUR 98 federal administrative levy.

Please note

Fees or taxes become due once the procedure is settled. For this purpose a payment form will be mailed to the party concerned.

Legal

Section 10 of the Ziviltechnikergesetz (ZTG)

Data Protection

I have noted that the data provided by me, as well as any data received by the administration over the course of the preliminary investigation, will be automatically processed as per article 6, para. 1 lit. c and e of the General Data Protection Regulation in accordance with the underlying material laws of the legal process. Furthermore, I am aware that this is for the purpose of executing the legal procedure initiated by me, the granting of regulatory approval and also for the purpose of review. I have read the general information regarding: 

• the right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, withdrawal and objection, as well as on data portability
  • the right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority
  • the responsibilities of the process controller and the data protection officer as per https://datenschutz.stmk.gv.at.

Responsible for the content

Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy

Last update

12 January 2024