Civil engineer - Architects from EU/EEA Countries or Switzerland - Estblishment

General information

EU/ EEA nationals and Swiss nationals and their family members who are licensed to practice the profession of free-lance architects in their home countries may, under certain conditions, become established in Austria to practice their profession on Austrian territory.

Please note

Swiss nationals and EU/ EEA nationals are deemed to be equivalent concerning licensing to practice their professions.

Requirements

• The requesting party must have been licensed to work as an architect in his/her home country.
  • No reasons for disqualification.

Respite

No special deadlines need to be observed.

Responsibility

[Competent authority / Form...]

Procedure

The request may be submitted personally, in writing or by e-mail to the competent authority.

Documents

• Proof of nationality
  • Certificate of qualification of the home member state which entitles the party concerned to take up work as a free-lance architect
  • Certificate, that the education corresponds with Annex V, 5.7.1 of Directive 2005/36/ EG on the recognition of professional qualifications
  • Certificates of the competent authority of the home member state (no more than three months old) stating that the requesting party
    • is reliable
    • has not been declared bankrupt
    • complies with the code of conduct of his/her profession

Expenses

• Request:
    • EUR 47.30 federal fee
    • attachment: EUR 3.90 per sheet
  • Official decision:
    • EUR 83.60 federal fee
    • EUR 98 federal administrative levy

Fees or taxes become due once the procedure is settled. For this purpose a payment form will be mailed to the party concerned.

Additional information

Legal

Sections 10, 32 paragraph 2 of the Ziviltechnikergesetz (ZTG)

Data Protection

I have noted that the data provided by me, as well as any data received by the administration over the course of the preliminary investigation, will be automatically processed as per article 6, para. 1 lit. c and e of the General Data Protection Regulation in accordance with the underlying material laws of the legal process. Furthermore, I am aware that this is for the purpose of executing the legal procedure initiated by me, the granting of regulatory approval and also for the purpose of review. I have read the general information regarding: 

• the right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, withdrawal and objection, as well as on data portability
  • the right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority
  • the responsibilities of the process controller and the data protection officer as per https://datenschutz.stmk.gv.at.

Responsible for the content

Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy

Last update

12 January 2024